We love a great cup of coffee as much as the next person, but know that coffee can be put to use in many different recipes. Chef Steve Strecker of Atomic Dinner Rolls created this delicious recipe for us. We hope you enjoy it.
Fairtrade Spiced Coffee Rub
By Chef Steve Strecker, Atomic Dinner Rolls
This rub is prefect on beef kabobs or slow roasted brisket. The cardamom and peppercorns make a spicy twist to the rich flavours of Winnipeg’s Finest coffee. Add a splash of citrus or creamy yogurt sauce for a dish you’ll love at your next cocktail event. Choosing Fairtrade certified spices and coffee ensures that producers of these products are fairly compensated for their work.
• ½ cup of Winnipeg’s Finest Fairtrade fresh coffee grounds
• ½ cup Fairtrade cardamom pods
• ¼ cup Fairtrade peppercorns
• 3 tbsp salt
• 1 tbsp garlic powder
• 1 tbsp onion powder
• 1 tsp cayenne powder
• 1 tsp bay leaf
1. Using a coffee grinder or blender, blitz the coffee, cardamom, peppercorns and bay leaf together into a course powder.
2. Using a wire strainer, sift the coffee mixture to remove any large husks of cardamom
3. In a blender combine all remaining ingredients and blitz until smooth.
4. Combine with remaining ingredients and store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
5. For best results, rub mixture on your protein of choice dry or mixed with 2 tablespoons of olive oil as a marinade for up to 24 hours.
Be sure to share your pictures on social media with the hashtags #cookingwithgourmetcoffee204 & #atomicdinnerrolls