We love a great cup of coffee as much as the next person, but know that coffee can be put to use in many different recipes. Chef Steve Strecker of Atomic Dinner Rolls created this delicious recipe for us. We hope you enjoy it.
Coffee Crusted Party Blend
By Chef Steve Strecker, Atomic Dinner Rolls.
Perfect for snacking while binging on your favourite new show or to bring to a pot luck. Make this dish ahead of time and store in air tight containers for your future fix. The roasted nuts in this mix blend well with the heavy body and caramel notes of Manitoba Bold!
- 4 tbsp brewed Gourmet Manitoba Bold Coffee™
- ½ cup unsalted cashews, shelled
- ¼ cup unsalted pumpkin seeds, shelled
- ¼ cup unsalted walnuts, shelled
- ¼ cup unsalted hazelnuts, shelled
- ¼ cup unsalted almonds, shelled
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 3 tbl granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Brew yourself a pot or french press of Manitoba Bold coffee, from our Signature Collection. Use 2 ½ tbsp of brewed coffee for this recipe and enjoy the rest, you deserve it!
Separate the egg white into a medium mixing bowl. Using a whisk, whip the egg whites and sugar into a stiff peak. Fold in the dill, cayenne and coffee.
Mix all the nuts together in egg mixture until evenly coated, transfer to a parchment lined sheet pan and bake at 350ºF for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool, serve and enjoy!
Yield: 1.5 Cups
*Note* This mix will store in the fridge for roughly one week when properly cooled prior.
Be sure to share your pictures on social media with the hashtags #cookingwithgourmetcoffee204 & #atomicdinnerrolls