We love a great cup of coffee as much as the next person, but know that coffee can be put to use in many different recipes. Chef Steve Strecker of Atomic Dinner Rolls created this delicious recipe for us. We hope you enjoy it.
Caffeinated Ginger Peanut Sauce
By Chef Steve Strecker, Atomic Dinner Rolls.
This sauce is prefect for any rice, chicken, or pork dish that needs a little extra kick of flavour. The roasted nuts blend well with the heavy body and caramel notes of Manitoba Bold and is a snap to make!
- 2 ½ tbsp brewed Gourmet Manitoba Bold Coffee™
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts, shelled
- ¼ cup unsalted pistachios, shelled
- ¼ cup unsalted walnuts, shelled
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, shelled
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp pureed ginger
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- 1 tsp cayenne peppers
- 1 tbsp Sambal Oelek
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Brew yourself a pot or french press of Manitoba Bold coffee, from our Signature Collection. Use 2 ½ tbsp of brewed coffee for this recipe and enjoy the rest, you deserve it!
- Mix all the nuts together and baked at 350ºF until golden brown
- In a blender combine all remaining ingredients and blitz until smooth.
- Place puree in a medium sauce and cook on low heat for approx. 20 mins or until the sauce has reduced by half. This helps bring out that beautiful coffee flavour while thickening your sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 3 Cups
*Note* This sauce will store in the fridge for roughly one week when properly cooled prior.
Be sure to share your pictures on social media with the hashtags #cookingwithgourmetcoffee204 & #atomicdinnerrolls